Monday, April 19, 2010

No tv?

I just read about this somewhere on my google reader (I'm sorry I can't remember where) and am seriously considering doing it. It's supposed to be lovely weather for the next few days and it can't hurt the electricity bill either right?
One week with no tv. Now, the only thing stopping me is the fact that I am really pregnant and have the sorest back possible. This pregnancy has really knocked me about and I am feeling it. With 3 small boys I have been relying on the tv for my sanity but honestly? We have a hundred books, playdoh, pencils, paint, why not give it a go?
Anyone else interested?

5 comments:

allyson said...

Me! We're doing it this week too. My son told me that he doesn't want to and I said too bad! We've done it before and it's so refreshing. It's easier for me with just one kid who is older though...

rebecca said...

That sounds great! I am a Bold and the Beautiful junkie though, and working from home can get pretty lonely after 10 hours... maybe I'll just turn it off after B&B...

P.S. Thanks for your comment on my blog!! :)

Kate said...

I didn't know! I might try next week. Its such a great idea. I'll miss Brothers and Sisters though. X

Karen said...

I try to limit the amount of tv the girls watch but I have to confess I don't know if I personally could go a week cold-turkey - I love ER!!
I admire you if you do - hard call though!

Moa said...

I would love to, but i'm just too lazy, would have to entertain two sick kids without tv, maybe i'll just limit it.