Monday, October 26, 2009

Anyone interested


In joining in a vintage sheet FQ swap?

Last year (I think) Meika organised one, and this year I thought it might be my turn. (Also I plan on making a couple of picnic blankets and would like to make them from thrifted sheets) so who's in?

Basic details are:

Register your interest below in a comment or email me at thebell01@hotmail.com by the 9th of November and I email you my snail mail addy. You then send me as many FQ's (18" x 22") cut from vintage sheets, pillowcases etc as you like along with a self addressed prepaid satchel (for those in Aus(3kg or 500g depending on how many you send). Anyone outside of Aus who would like to take part please email me so we can work out what the return postage will be)You will need to post them to me by the 20th November and I will get them to you by December 1st. I will send and assortment of FQ's (as many as you sent) back to you!

WHAT FABRICS CAN I INCLUDE?Sheets, pillowcases, tablecloths in 100% cotton or linen are preferable. Please no pre-quilted fabrics, solid colours or licenced characters


You could make this:





(Yes, I basically copied and pasted Meika's post! Sorry, Meika, you are just eloquent!)

14 comments:

Selina said...

ooh, this sounds great! I'll be in it, if anyone else is that is! Is 100% cotton only (or close to it)? I would prefer that, what does everyone else think??

Sarah said...

I would love to join in, I participated in the one last year and it was great. I was thinking about a picnic blanket for the warmer weather as well!

Sally said...

I'd like to swap :) ...sounds like fun.

bec said...

Ooh, i'd love it, a summer quilt maybe. I've emailed you back my address.

Claire said...

Oh if you have seen the pics on my blog of my vintage sheets I think I have a few I can contribute - sounds fabulous!! I did Meikas last year & it was great fun!!

Becky said...

I will put my hand up as well for a swap.

I made Possum a quilt with my last lot of swap sheets, the picnic blanket idea sounds like a good one this time :)

Thanks
beckyetal@hotmail.com

Claire said...

Me please!
I have a number of sheets to share :)

Helen said...

Sounds good, I have some lovelies to share.
helen at rooney.net.au

Tanya said...

Me too, I have some vintage sheets than have been just too fun to cut so this will inspired me to 'bite the bullet', whatever that means!! Thanks. I am for 100% cotton too.

EmilyKate said...

Hi there, just found your lovely blog and would like to participate. I'll email asap!

Claire said...

Selina I am not sure how to email you - am terrible with computers!
My email addy is
talktoclaire@yahoo.com.au

Tin Can Daisy said...

I do! I've just sent you an email :)

EmilyKate said...

Hi again, thanks for visiting my blog! I emailed you last night :o)

Helen said...

Can I just ask what prints are acceptable or preferred for vintage? The example is more soft florals but most of mine are bold or bright florals. Are there examples of what people like for this swap?