Saturday, April 18, 2009

Still no crafting...

Sorry. I am thinking about crafting, does that count?




I think I've lost a bit of confidence to be honest. I am sure it will come back especially when I show you all this...





I hear tell the Heather Ross range is interchangable and I can mix and match my mermaids with these too! I feel a quilt for me coming on. I just hope I have enough batting to put it all together in a lap quilt. Mmm maybe with flanelette on the back??
Also, I have to show you my gorgeous emerald dress that I found.
It's a 1940/50 dress that my sister got at a bargain price for me. I am in love!
I just need to have it altered a bit, it's a bit tight in the ribs and waist. Which is why I am not wearing it for these pics. Thankfully there is enough material in the thing, that it shouldn't be too hard.
Oh and I went opshopping/thrifting yesterday for the jars for the lolly buffet at the wedding and had massive success. Here is the haul!
All for under $20! So happy. Now what lollies will I fill it with? The colours of the wedding are vintage inspired. I'm thinking musk sticks, teeth, mentos... Mmmm.
I would really like to find a novelty martini glass, you know the big ones? Pray to the wedding gods for me will you?

6 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That dress is gorgeous. Good luck with the re-fit.

Elisha said...

Love the idea of the lollies in the jars/bowls you got selina.. great idea for the wedding?? something unique also!

Alinta said...

Oh Sel i love that bike fabric on the right. What is it?? LOVE your dress, it will look fantastic on!!

Jodie said...

I love love love those fabrics (and those teeny little musk lollies as well)

One Crafty Mumma said...

That's a gorgeous dress and I love the fabric!

Vicki said...

It's the little sashes that make that dress so spectacular. The color is beautiful too. You will be so glamorous.